Last night, we saw the first round of games for Champions League Week 4. Those games were exciting, with lots of great goals and loads of dramatic events. Tonight, the second round of matches will take place. We should be expecting more of goals tonight, as the biggest boys on the block will be playing. I’m talking about Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. Those are the big boys.
Tonight, we will get to watch these guys try to kill each other with a round, synthetic projectile. How well they will succeed is left for us to see too. I would not place bets on any of them dying, though, because the referee would not allow that. Well, don’t say I did not warn you when these guys start firing shots everywhere:
- Legia Warsaw vs Real Madrid: Think what you will of Real Madrid, but the fact remains that they are one of the best teams in the world. At this point, all I feel for Legia Warsaw is pity. Also, it would be prudent of Los Blancos to keep the carnage to a minimum. However, Real have been going through some sort of slow patch. This might just be one of those days. You never know these days. Lets just wait and find out.
- Dortmund vs Sporting: The German team too has had some less than ideal days so far. However, I fully expect them to come out with a vengeance tonight. I really cannot picture this match ending any way apart from Dortmund winning by a comfortable margin. But then, Sporting CP held Real Madrid down for long periods. Let us see if they can do it again.
- Juventus vs Lyon: The Old lady of Turin might be hot stuff in Italy, but in the Champions League so far they have been less than impressive. This would be a good chance to change that. Lyon would put up a fight, no doubt, but I don’t think Juventus should have too much problems.
The rest of the Champions League Week 4 matches are okay. those ones can end however they will; it’s not like I’m going to flog Leicester City if they lose. Anyway, here they are:
- Monaco vs CSKA Moscow
- Sevilla vs Dynamo Zagreb
- Tottenham vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Copenhagen vs Leicester City
- Porto vs Club Brugge
Enjoy, guys. And remember, stay safe. Don’t be violent. The Champions League Week 4 games are just that, games. No one needs to get hurt over them. Unless you are a Chelsea fan, in which case, you should not even be here. Go away.